Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What's For Dinner .. I mean Lunch?

Last nights dinner ended up being made for todays lunch, which I have to say was really good. Despite this was the first time I had ever fixed something like this and it actually turning out correct. There are times that I wish I had my mothers knack for cooking just about anything without needing a recipe. Though my husband is pretty good at it, I on the other hand..not so much.

I'm kind of lucky to even be able to really crochet and knit like I do, lol I guess I have to come lacking in some area. Don't get me wrong, I really do love to cook, it's just finding the time (or should I say effort? - by the time I really want a nice home cooked meal I am exhausted from chasing after babies and working editing photos).

Anyway, we currently have been living off of the campbells kitchen recipes. We have thousands of cans of soup and half time...more like most of the time we don't know what the heck to do with it all. I love soup it just gets REALLY old after a while, so I've been fixing up the recipes from there.

I was supposed to have made this last night but by the time I got around to it was really late, and we were all pretty tired. I fixed it for lunch today and it was actually really good:


I wished my burgers looked that good as it does in the picture lol mine just ended up looking like a hot mess (pun not intended). I loved the hot sauce tomato soup mixture, it blended well with the blue cheese. I haven't really been a fan of blue cheese until I was pregnant with our daughter did I ever really begin to take a liking to it.  But it likes it a nice easy twang to the burger.

I'm hosting another photo giveaway, I really do love these contests. Not only is is an amazing way to promote my business but I love seeing the photos that people submit for it. I'm also working on crocheting some super cute hats I already two made so far, I have a girl sock monkey hate made, and I'm working on a little owl hat as well. I have so many different crocheting projects started it's been really hard to finish them lol. 

I'm working on:





Jeff and I are currently stuck on Christmas presents this year, we have no idea what to buy our one year old as far as toys/gifts go. And not that we have a brand new bouncing baby girl as well it's been pretty difficult picking out their gifts. Not to mention for our other family members as well. 

I thought for Grandmother Bill, since she doesn't get to see her great grandchildren as much or as often as she would like, I thought about making her a photo album of the babies, but then I wanted to turn is into a kind of a scarp-book-ish kind of album it would be more personal and hand made, and I wouldn't just be handing her a book filled with photos. It would actually be something from the heart and handmade. But who know I am still tossing back ideas and I really don't know. I need to get with Sherry (Jeff's step-mom) since she's the queen of scrap-booking and see what she thinks.




1 comment:

  1. Hello! A random search under 'wedding' led me to your pretty blog...

    I really love those cute crochet hats! It really makes me wish I could follow patterns instead of just kind of freestyling. Hmmmm! Haha

    :-D Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete